The Class Teacher
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be targeted work or additional support) and letting the Special Education Needs / Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENCo) know as necessary.
- Writing One Page Profiles, assessing the children's needs and planning desired outcomes; sharing and reviewing these with the child and their parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
- Personalised teaching and learning for your child, planning adjustments and support as appropriate.
- Ensuring that the school's SEN Policy is followed in their classroom.
The SENCO: Mrs Maria Hodge
- Developing and reviewing the school's SEN Information Report and policy.
- Co-ordinating all the support for the children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). Planning interventions related to their barriers to learning.
- Ensuring that parents are:
- involved in supporting their child's learning
- kept informed about the support your child is getting
- involved in reviewing how they are doing
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child's learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology.
- Updating the school's SEN register (a system for ensuring that all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that records of your child's progress and needs are kept.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school, so that they can help children with SEND in the school to achieve the best progress possible.
The Headteacher: Mrs Jan Harazdiuk
- The day-to-day management of all aspects of the school; this includes the support for children with SEND.
- The Head teacher will give responsibility to the SENCo and class teachers, but is still responsible for ensuring that your child's needs are met.
- The Head teacher must make sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about issues relating to SEND.
The SEND Governor: Mr Gordon Woolcock
- Making sure that the necessary support is given for any child with SEND who attends the school.