Wednesday 24th June
Did any of you join in with the big sing last Friday? I hope if you did that you enjoyed it as much as we did at school.
Today’s theme for Wednesday is: Wizardy Wednesday
You find a magic wand! What’s the first thing you do with it?
It’s going to get hot this week, so make sure you drink plenty, get that sun cream on and your paddling pools out! Have a great day!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Wednesday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 3
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
- Or create your own P.E session – for example, an obstacle course in the garden or lead a keep fit session with your family to your favourite tunes
- Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club. Bug club books are great because they have comprehension questions for you to answer too.
- Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
- Maths – This week for maths look in our Resources section for details
- Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 9 (w/c 22nd June) and complete Lesson 3 ‘Area of parallelograms’. Remember, if you are finding these too tricky you could look at a lower year group or if you need a greater challenge look at a higher year group instead. We do not have a subscription to the worksheets so this activity is just watching and discussing the video.
- Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
- Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
- Writing challenge for the week: For details of our writing task this week click on the resource in our Resources and Web Links
- Science - This term we will be looking at FORCES. We will learn about gravity, air and water resistance and friction. I have put a really helpful document for you to read in the resources section called ‘Science – Forces helpful notes’.
This week you will be learning about water resistance. Look at the following link about air and water resistance: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/zsxxsbk/articles/zxw6gdm
Look through the ‘Science – Forces Water resistance and up thrust presentation’.
There are two really fun experiments you can carry out that are detailed as you work through the presentation. Please look at the ‘Science – water resistance and up thrust teacher notes’, as these will help you carry out the experiments.
Have a great time with these fun activities!
- Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time! There is a list of nature activities for you to do that I’ve taken from the Wildlife Trust that you could have a go at – see document for Random Acts of Wildness. If you fancy some cooking, there are also great easy to follow recipes on Willow class page that you may want to try.
Word of the day
- What is the definition of ‘undercover’?
- Write three descriptive sentences using the WOD.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Create a word art picture that illustrates the meaning of the word.
- Write the letters from the WOD in a vertical list (see below) and see if you can think of a country. You may be able to think of more than one for each letter. Try this challenge with a family member, who can find the most?
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have one use an online dictionary and thesaurus.