Here are some of the things you could do today:
- Get active for at least 60 minutes - in addition to your chosen workout (have you tried Joe Wicks or Oti Mabuse's online workouts yet?) We're going to try a Pav Funball Challenge each week too. This week it is the Gymnastics challenge. You can play with 2 or more people. Choose 1 person to be the leader. The leader says 1 body part and shows with his/her hand different one. The followers must follow the leader's hands and not their words!
Example: The leader says: “hips” but with his/her hands show ears-the followers must touch ears not hips. Starts with 10 points each, the first person to lost all points loses the game.
- Read for at least 30 minutes. Remember, this could be a real book, e-books (Twinkl, Oxford Owl) or Bug Club books. Remember to have a go at clicking on the bug to answer some quiz questions about your reading! Update your reading log and tell someone about what you have read.
- Practise the word of the day.
- Mental maths - Try some division facts on Hit the button.
- Maths activity - For your maths' task, I would like you to attempt to share amounts using different ratios. Please carefully read through the powerpoint below. There are lots of examples. After looking through the examples, test your understanding by attempting some of the questions. If you are struggling, try drawing the sweets in boxes to represent either side of the ratio. For example, if I was sharing 12 sweets at a ratio of 2:1, I would draw 2 boxes. Then for every 2 sweets I drew in one box, I would draw 1 sweet in the other box. I would do this until I had drawn 12 sweets in total. Then I would see 8 sweets in one box and 4 sweets in the other box. Giving me a ratio of 8:4.
- English activity - See below
- Science - Light - How does the eye detect light? Explore the interactive eye at https://www.visiondirect.co.uk/the-human-eye and draw your own diagram of the parts of the eye. Tomorrow we will look in more detail at what each one does.
Remember there is extra information, pictures, videos and web links to help you in the resources section.
If you have any questions remember you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org