Tuesday's Learning tasks:
- Start your day with an Active Start there are some great links in the 'Resources and Weblinks' section on our main class page. One of the links is Joe Wicks - who will be doing a live PE session for children at 9.00am everyday on You Tube. Or visit the imoves weblink.
- Read your book for 20 minutes.
- Complete a maths quiz on diagnostic questions.
- Maths: Yesterday we started looking at bar charts. If you need to relook at the document ‘Statistics Information document’ (pages 3-9), please do so. Complete the questions on the document called: ‘Bar chart questions for Monday 30th March’. Answers will be uploaded tomorrow for you to self-mark.
- Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website and complete Lesson 1 for week beginning 30th March.
- Complete the word of the day activities - see below.
- Project - Make a start with your creative project on either the Vikings or the Anglo-Saxons - please look at the resources and weblinks section on our class page.
- Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
- ART –
Today, I would like you to open the document called, ‘Art lessons 2 to 6’ focus on the pages 9 to 14 on our resources page. We are learning how to draw texture. Read the information on page 9. Then on page 10 you will need to find objects with different textures – describe the feel of them.
Activity 1: Look at page 11. On a piece of paper – try and have a go at recreating the different textures using the techniques such as ‘hatching’.
Activity 2: Pages 12 and 13 show examples of different textures – see if you can identify what technique the artists have used using page 11 to help you. Then complete activity 2 which is explained on page 14. Either use one of the animal pictures on the document provided in the resources section of our class page or find an animal picture of your own. You could sketch one of your pets if you have one! Use either pencil or pencil crayons. Underneath your picture, write what techniques you tried to use.
I would love to see your creations, take a photo and send to the class email – we can put your examples up on our class page in the section called ‘Your Work’ which is in each week’s page.
Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time!
Have a good day!
Word of the day
- What is the definition of revenge?
- Write a statement using it.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Antonyms (words that have the opposite meaning)
- Create a word art design or graffiti style design – you could do this on a computer or draw and decorate on paper
- Using the word ‘Revenge’, create a treasure hunt – write each letter on a piece of paper, ask an adult to hide each letter around the house, then see how quickly you can find all the letters.
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have these use an online dictionary or thesaurus.