Here are some of the things you could do today:
- Get active for at least 60 minutes - try Joe Wicks' online PE session! https://www.youtube.com/thebodycoachtv
- Read for at least 30 minutes. Remember, this could be a real book, e-books (Twinkl, Oxford Owl) or Bug Club books. Remember to have a go at clicking on the bug to answer some quiz questions about your reading! Update your reading log and tell someone about what you have read.
- Practise your spellings for 15 minutes. Pick 6 words from the year 5/6 word list and write definitions for them.
- Mental maths - Try to spend 10 to 15 minutes today doing a mental maths activity. Today, you could have a go at 'Hit the button' - record you best scores for each times table.
- Maths activity - See 'Costing Task' below
- English activity - Using your story plan and ideas from yesterday, write a descriptive opening paragraph to your story. For this paragraph focus on description, rather than action. Think about your different senses. What you see? Hear? Smell? Feel?
Think carefully about the genre (type) of story you are writing and try to set the tone in the opening paragraph. For example, if you are writing a mystery story, then your description is likely to be more mysterious and creepy to help to build tension. If you are writing an adventure story, then your description is likely to be more vibrant and exciting.
Focus skills to use:
- Expanded noun phrases
Remember there is extra information, pictures, videos and web links to help you in the resources section.
If you have any questions remember you can email me at email@example.com