Thursday 21st May
What a beautiful day is was yesterday! I hope you got outside and enjoyed the weather? I was inside for most of the day working, but then spent the last part of the afternoon and early evening in the garden. I had the door open all day as I worked in my kitchen and I heard so many birds. Today have a look and a listen, and you'll be amazed at how many different birds you will see and hear.
Today’s theme for Thursday is: Things we can doodle
Today create a doodle. To do this I usually get a piece of paper and draw one long curved line, swirling about all over the page to create sections. Then complete each section with different doodles, e.g. stars in one, strips in another, hearts in another etc
Have a great day!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Thursday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 1
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club.
Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
Maths - This week we are looking at ‘Algebra’. Complete one of the activity sheets in the resources section, called ‘Thursday Expressing missing numbers algebraically’. Choose your level – mild, medium or hot. The answers are at the bottom of the sheets, so please only look at these once you’re ready to mark.
Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 5 (w/c 18th May) and complete Lesson 4 ‘Decimals as fractions’.
Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
Please continue with the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Today you should be editing your work ready for a final draft tomorrow.
Music - Look at the BBC Ten Pieces again and do this week’s singing activity! You do not have to do the ‘…finally’ step. If you would like to you must ask your parents first. Click on the below link.
Word of the day
- What is the definition of ‘translucent’?
- Write a descriptive sentence using the WOD.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Antonyms (words that have the opposite meaning)
- Using the letters in the word ‘Translucent’ – how many different words can you make?
Give yourself 1 point for 3 letter words, 2 points for 4 letter words and 3 points for 5 letter words or more. How many points can you score?
- Rainbow writing of the WOD – for example, you could use different colours for each letter or write the word in bubble writing and give it a rainbow patterns within each shape
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have one go online.