I hope you've all had a good weekend. The weather has certainly started to cool off a bit, but hopefully you still managed to get out for a walk as a family or went into your garden to get some exercise.
We have been trying to keep active in our family. Like Miss Barrett, I too found the Joe Wicks workout a bit of a challenge. I had so many aching muscles the day after the first workout I attempted - my children were fine of course! I have been trying to go for a jog regularly to get my heart rate going and have played lots of fun sports in the garden with my children.
This week we are launching a theme for each day, such as 'Musical Monday' or 'Tuneful Tuesday' with a small task attached. These themed activities are completely optional but if you do have a go we would love to hear your feedback and comments about what you did and how it all went. Don't forget to email us on our staff email if you have any questions or you are sending us any images or work that we've asked you to share. firstname.lastname@example.org
Today's theme is 'Make it Count Monday' - You will never have this day again so make it count. What will you do to make it memorable?
Have a great day!
Mrs Ashby and Miss Barrett
Monday's Learning tasks:
- Start your day with an Active Start there are some great links in the 'Resources and Weblinks' section on our main class page. One of the links is Joe Wicks - who will be doing a live PE session for children at 9.00am everyday on You Tube. Or visit the imoves weblink.
- Read your book for 20 minutes.
- Complete a maths quiz on diagnostic questions.
- Maths: Statistics – mark the activities from last Tuesday’s learning – copies of the answers can be found in our resources and weblinks section under the heading Monday 30th March.
- We have been looking at different ways of presenting data, this week we will be learning about bar charts. Look at the document ‘Statistics Information document’ (pages 3-9), read through this and discuss the questions on each page. Complete the questions on the document called: ‘Bar chart questions for Monday 30th March’. Answers will be uploaded tomorrow for you to self-mark.
- Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website and complete Lesson 1 for week beginning 30th March.
- Complete the word of the day activities - see below.
- Continue with your creative project on either Vikings or the Anglo-Saxons.
- Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
- ART –
Hopefully you found out some super facts about Albrecht Durer.
Today, I would like you to open the document called, ‘Art lessons 2 to 6’ focus on the pages 2 to 8 on our resources page.
Watch the short video on the web link on page 3 of the document (go to the resources page I have included this web link).
Activity 1: On a strip of paper – split it into smaller squared sections like the example on page 5. Then use your pencil to create different tones.
Activity 2: You will need a coloured crayon – see page 6 on the ‘Art lesson 2 to 6’ document.
I would love to see your creations, take a photo and send to the class email – we can put your examples up on our class page.
Why not have a go at drawing an outline of an animal then select a pencil or crayon and draw the changing tones across your animal.
- Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time!
Have a good day!
Word of the day
Impede (ing / ed)
- What is the definition of impede?
- Think of how you might use this word in a sentence, then write a complex sentence using it.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Antonyms (words that have the opposite meaning)
- Create a word search using the word impede and any other synonyms or antonyms you found. Challenge a family member to complete it!
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have these use an online dictionary or thesaurus.