Welcome to the Maple tree class page
The Autumn term will begin with the Learning Theme ‘Fire fire!’ and will see the children travel back to 1666 to learn about a very famous fire!
This theme will continue through to other areas of the curriculum. The children will be learning about our capital city, creating silhouetted paintings of the city skyline, meeting a hero in the community who is a fire fighter and learning about fire safety. Later in the term, we will be learning about the human body in science, and talking about how to stay healthy.
It’s going to be a busy term!
Just a couple of things to be mindful of :
- Hopefully you all found the Year 2 information pack useful.
- Please make sure your child has their reading record and reading book in their book bag every day. Each morning once the book has been read we are encouraging the children to place their book and record in a green basket. We want this to become part of their routine so that they can change their books regularly with an adult.
- P.E. will be on a Monday and Thursday so P.E. kits must be in school please.
- As soon as we have finished our spelling assessments we will be sending home your child’s key word books to practise spellings each week. Again please make sure these are placed in the book bag every day.
- When homework is up and running we plan to send home on a Wednesday and the books must be returned the following Monday to be marked and new homework set.
- Please check the diary for the parents evening dates. And we look forward to talking to you about how your child has settled into the maple tree class.
Mrs Sorensen and Mrs King