We recognise that some pupils, for example some pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), may not be able to access remote education without support from adults at home. We acknowledge the difficulties this may place on families, and we will work with parents and carers to support those pupils in the following ways:
- Provide levels of differentiation within learning tasks
- Provide alternative learning assignments for target groups and pupils
- Provide open ended and creative tasks
- Provide 'Life Skills' tasks
- Provide support resources such as word mats, number lines, 100 square, sentence starters
- Ensure books allocated on Active Learn match their reading ability level
- Assign pupils to groups for Phonics in accordance with Read Write assessment
- Set individual pupil targets on SEN Support Plans
- Share Support Plans with pupils and their parents outlining ways in which their child can be helped at home
- For parents to be able to contact the SENCO or Nurture Team for additional advice and support
- Inviting children to join the SEN/Nurture Virtual Classroom via Google Classroom
- Parents are able to contact the class teacher via the class email or by telephone via the school office
- Some children (in accordance with their needs) may need an individualised programme of work. This will be provided through assigning tasks to individuals on Google Classroom or through a printed pack
- Small group or 1:1 Zoom meetings between pupils (with parent supervising) and staff
For children working on specialised support programmes (eg Speech and Language/ OT) these will be provided as far as possible by suitably trained support staff via Google Classroom, recorded video sessions or 1:1 Zoom meetings.
For children in Reception a daily outline of tasks is provided on Google Classroom with a consistent set routine. Children complete most tasks away from the computer and parents submit work via Tapestry.
For younger pupils who may find online learning a challenge, we can provide printed packs of the same activities and video recordings of teaching input and videos of how to use the online learning platform.