The SENCo's job is to support the class teacher in planning for children with SEND.
- The school provides training and support to enable all staff to improve the teaching and learning of children including those with SEND. This includes whole school training on SEN issues, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Communication, Cognition and Learning, Physical and Sensory difficulties.
- Individual teachers and support staff attend training courses run by other schools and outside agencies that are relevant to the needs of specific children they are working with.
- Members of our Nurture Team have undertaken extensive training including counselling, Nurtured Heart Approach, Drawing and Play therapy, Lego therapy.
- Members of staff attend Early Help Network meetings.
- Members of staff have undertaken training to become Mental Health Champions and the Family Support Process.