Friday 19th June
Today is THE BIG SING! It’s this afternoon at 2pm and as soon as I have been sent the link I will post it here for you to click on. I hope you’ve enjoyed learning the songs? My favourite is ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, although I am really struggling
to keep up!
Here is the link for this afternoon at 2pm...
Today’s theme for Friday is: Fix it Friday
How can YOU make the world a better place?
Have a great day!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Friday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 1
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
- Or create your own P.E session – for example, an obstacle course in the garden or lead a keep fit session with your family to your favourite tunes.
- Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club. Bug club books are great because they have comprehension questions for you to answer too.
- Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
- Maths - This week we are revising our fraction knowledge. Today we will be looking at dividing fractions.
Look at the ‘Dividing fractions poster’ to remind yourself how to do this.
Then complete either the ‘Dividing fractions mild- medium’ activity or the hot activity. Choose your level. The answers are at the bottom of the pages – no peeking until you mark!
- Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 8 (w/c 15th June) and complete Lesson 5 challenge. Remember, if you are finding these too tricky you could look at a lower year group or if you need a greater challenge look at a higher year group instead. We do not have a subscription to the worksheets so this activity is just watching and discussing the video.
- Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
- Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
- Please continue with the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Today you should be writing your final draft.
- Music – It’s The Big Sing this afternoon! Please follow the link at 2pm (which I will put in the welcome message at the top of the page as soon as I have been sent it) and enjoy the event!
- Art - If you’re not joining in with The Big Sing this afternoon, then spend some time doing some drawing. Choose something at home to study; really look at the lines, shading and detail. Sit quietly or listen to some calming music and enjoy your afternoon.
- Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time! There is a list of nature activities for you to do that I’ve taken from the Wildlife Trust that you could have a go at – see document for Random Acts of Wildness. If you fancy some cooking, there are also great easy to follow recipes on Willow class page that you may want to try
Word of the day
- What is the definition of ‘tedious’?
- Write 3 sentences using the WOD and include a modal verb in each sentence.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Antonyms – (words that have an opposite meaning)
- Research activity: What other words can you think of that end with ‘ious’?
- Create a word search of words that end in ‘ious’.
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have one use an online dictionary and thesaurus.