Friday 12th June
I hope you had a good day yesterday and managed to do a few of your favourite rainy day things? We stayed indoors all day; I got lots of work done and my children did their learning tasks for the day and then got cosy and watched a film.
Today’s theme for Friday is: Flashback Friday
What’s one thing you’ve done this year that you would like to do again?
Have a great day today!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Friday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 1
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
- Or create your own P.E session – for example, an obstacle course in the garden or lead a keep fit session with your family to your favourite tunes
Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club. Bug club books are great because they have comprehension questions for you to answer too.
Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
Maths - This week we are looking at ‘Investigations‘’. One of the skills of being a mathematician is to be able to work systematically and finding all the possibilities.
Choose from either of the below activities:
- Complete the ‘Fri Maths - Dots Investigation’. The answers are at the bottom of the page no peeking until you need to mark!
- There is also a really fun maths mystery you can complete to solve the mystery of a missing person! You will find this in our resources section as usual, and it’s called 'Fri Maths Mystery'.
Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 7 (w/c 8th June) and complete the ‘Maths challenge’.
Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
Please continue with the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Today you should be writing your final draft after editing yesterday.
PSHE - How can I use a bank account? Today we would like you to look at different types of bank account, and why having a bank account may be important.
Look at the ‘Fri PSHE The role of banks’ AND ‘Fri PSHE Different types of bank accounts’ documents. Then go through the ‘Fri PSHE Bank account presentation’. Talk to an adult or sibling at home about this. Do they have a bank account? Why is it useful? If you don’t already have one do you think you should? Why?
Now complete the activity sheet.
Word of the day
- What is the definition of ‘codswallop’?
- What is the origin of this unusual word?
- Ask a family member to give you a spelling test of the words from this week. Can you spell them all correctly?
- Using the 5 words from this week: write each word on to small separate pieces of paper. Then order them using your own criteria, eg alphabetical order, softer to harder sounding words etc. Try lots of different ways.
- Why not create a short story (paragraph in length) that includes these words. What genre will you use? Horror, comedy, traditional tale, sci-fi?
- Extra activities (optional):
- Get creative and draw picture clues for each word from this week without writing the word in the picture. Can the people in your family guess what the words are?
- Using each WOD, create a word search or crossword – remember you could also include the synonyms or antonyms you found.
- Create anagrams using the words from this week.