Friday 22nd May
What a sunny, beautiful day it was yesterday. I hope you made sure you had lots of time in the sun. My children had endless water fights yesterday afternoon!
Did you listen out for the birds in the garden yesterday? I heard so many again while listening from my kitchen. Now we have put lots of bird feeders up it has really encouraged them into the garden.
Today’s theme for Friday is: Friendship Friday
Reach out to one of your friends today. Call, FaceTime, message, write a letter or draw a picture for them – remind them you are still there and looking forward to seeing them.
Below is a link to a competition you may wish to enter. The closing date in 29th May so this will be something you will need to do over the next week if you’re interested.
Next week is half term, so we want you to relax and enjoy a well deserved break with your family.
Well done to you all for your hard work this half term! We’re very proud of you.
Have a super fun week off!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Friday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 1
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club.
Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
Maths - This week we are looking at ‘Algebra’. Have a look at the ‘Friday Satisfy an equation with two unknown numbers poster’. Then select mild, medium or hot from the documents and complete the challenge. Answers will be put up at the end of the day.
Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 5 (w/c 18th May) and complete Lesson 5 ‘Maths challenge’.
Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
Please continue with the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Today you should be writing your final draft after editing yesterday.
PSHE - How do I plan a simple budget? Look at the ‘PSHE Budgeting presentation’. Now complete the ‘PSHE Bank statements activity sheet’. For an extra activity today have a go at this fun interactive game to find out what kind of spender you are!
Word of the day
- What is the definition of ‘illustrate’?
- Write a complex sentence using WOD.
- Ask a family member to give you a spelling text of the words from this week.
- Using the 5 words from this week: create a word search that includes these words, you could also include the antonyms and synonyms that you found in your word search too.
- Extra activities (optional):
With each WOD, create anagrams. Can your family work out what the anagrams are? Eg Pied Soon = Poisoned
- Get creative and draw picture clues for each word from this week without writing the word in the picture. Can the people in your family guess what the words are?