I need help!
Alice has created an extremely challenging crossword.
I think I have answers for clues 2, 3 and 5, but desperately need help on the others!
* Just been told I have got number 2 wrong! So need to find that too! *
PLEASE try and work out the answers and then ping me a quick email! (email@example.com)
Thank you everyone!
Friday 15th May
I was back into school yesterday and really enjoyed the day again with the Key Worker children. We worked really hard in the morning and then got up to some fun activities in the afternoon. Mrs Ashby and I are missing you all and look forward to when we will see each other again.
We have been made aware of some individuals from Year 6 who are being unkind to others online. If you have sent any unkind messages to another person, we would like you to think about how your behaviour affects other people. As many of us are spending more and more time online at home, it is important for us all to remember that we must keep safe. If we are messaging our friends, we must only send messages that are kind to one another and we shouldn’t be saying anything to anyone that we wouldn’t say to them in person. Remember, any comments you make online do not go away and just because we are using a screen should not be an excuse for being braver and saying comments that are unkind. Treat each other how you would wish to be treated and don’t forget that if you receive anything that makes you upset or uncomfortable then tell an adult straight away. A useful link for parents has been added in the ‘Keeping Safe Online’ sub-page, talk to your parents about this and suggest they look at the advice given to help support you.
It’s the weekend tomorrow and I hope you have a fantastic break from work, and really enjoy some relaxing, fun time with your family.
Take care and be safe!
Today’s theme for Friday is: Fitness Friday
Today make a point to try out a new fitness activity! You could try out circuits, go for a jog, tennis, do an exercise class online or some yoga! You may think of something completely different.
Have a great day!
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Friday’s learning tasks:
Start your day with an active start. There are lots of options for you:
- Weekly challenge from Pav
- Norfolk School Games Week 1
- Joe Wicks – daily P.E on YouTube
- Go Noodle – also available on YouTube
Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club.
Complete a maths quiz on Diagnostic Questions
Maths – This week we are looking at ‘Sequences and Properties of Numbers’.
Today you can test your knowledge of factors, prime numbers and multiples! Complete ONE of the activities in the resources section called, ‘Friday Maths 1’, ‘Friday Maths 2’ OR ‘Friday Maths 3’. The higher the level the more challenging it is! Remember to push yourself. The answers are at the end of the document so please don’t look at them before you come to mark your work!
Further Maths – Visit the White Rose website, ‘Summer Term Week 4’ (week commencing 11th May) and complete Lesson 5 ‘Friday maths challenge’.
Complete the word of the day activities – see below.
Visit Active learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
Please continue with the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Finish writing your story today. Once you have finished ask an adult to look over this, edit it and then you can make any last minute changes.
PSHE – How can I pay for things? Look at the ‘PSHE How can I pay for things presentation’, and the ‘PSHE ways to pay sheet.’ Now complete the activity sheet.
Word of the day
- What is the definition of tiptoed?
- Write a complex sentence using WOD.
- Ask a family member to give you a spelling text of the words from this week.
- Using the 5 words from this week: create a crossword that includes these words, use your definitions/antonyms/synonyms to help you create the clues. You could also include some of the synonyms or antonyms you researched from this week in your cross word too.
- Extra activities (optional):
- Get creative and draw picture clues for each word from this week without writing the word in the picture. Can the people in your family guess what the words are?
- With each WOD, create anagrams. Can your family work out what the anagrams are? Eg Pot Diet = Tiptoed