Good morning to you all!
Yesterday was another dull day, and just when I was about to go for a walk in the evening it started to rain! Never mind, I will make sure I go on an extra long walk today.
I have started a British Sign Language course this week and I have so far been learning how to 'finger spell'. Fingerspelling is a method of spelling words using hand movements. The fingerspelling alphabet is used in sign language to spell out names of people and places for which there is not a sign.It's also used for the signer to spell words they do not know the sign for.
I thought I would practice over the weekend, and then on Wednesday next week I will post a clip of me using finger signing, and sign a sentence for you to decipher! I will upload the poster which tells you which letter the sign represents,which will help you.
Please let your parents know there is a new document in the Parents Information section of the website, called 'Looking after mental health during Corona', which they may wish to take a look at.
Have a great day everyone, and a super weekend. Let's hope the sun will shine a little for us.
Today’s theme for Friday is: ‘Famous Friday’
If you could meet any famous person, who would it be and why?
- Start your day with an Active Start. Continue with the weekly challenge from Pav, remember you can make it challenging as you go through the week. 'Resources and Web Links' section week beginning 27th April.
- Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club.
- Complete a maths quiz on diagnostic questions.
- Maths: This week we are looking at ‘Time’. The questions relate to converting between units of time and solving problems related to this. Please complete the document called ‘Friday Time Problems’. You will find this in the Resources and Web Links section. Tomorrow I will upload the answers for you to mark your work.
- Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website ‘Summer Term Week 2 (w/c 27th April) and complete Lesson 5 ‘Friday Maths Challenge’. If you are finding these too tricky you could look at a lower year group or you need a greater challenge look at a higher year group instead.
- Complete the ‘Word of the day’ activities - see below.
- Visit Active Learn website and select a maths and a SPAG activity to complete.
- Today is the final day for the writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. Non-Chronological report. If you haven’t already, you will need to edit your writing, making any improvements and changes.
- PSHE – this term we will be learning about money, and the role this plays in your own and others’ lives. Look at the document called ‘PSHE Links between jobs and money’. It’s important to understand how you can earn money and what this involves. Answer the questions on the document; or talk to an adult about them. Talk to an adult about jobs they have or have had, and how they got paid. Why was this important to them? Then have a go at the activity sheet. The answers are there for you too. These are all in the ‘Resources’ section.
Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time! Why not try the nature activity or a Lego challenge?
Word of the day
- What is the definition of rise?
- Write a sentence in the past tense and another sentence using the future tense.
- Using the 5 words from this week: create a crossword with clues for a family member to complete.
- Write a paragraph using all 5 words from this week. Think about what genre you could use: horror, adventure, traditional tale etc.
You will need a dictionary for the first activity, if you don’t have one go online.