It's the end of our first week of the summer term and I hope you have enjoyed doing some of the activities Mrs Ashby and I have set for you. We have seen a great selection of work, ranging from Lego models to word of the day tasks. Keep it coming!
Yesterday I was at school, and we had a lovely day making creatures out of clay and materials we found in the woodland area.
Have a super day today and enjoy the weekend
Miss Barrett and Mrs Ashby
Today’s theme for Friday is: Feel good Friday
What is something nice you have done for someone this week?
Remember, if you are unsure about anything or if there is any work you wish to share please email us.
Don’t forget about the BBC live lessons which can now be accessed online or via iPlayer or the red button. They have a week’s worth of lessons covering a variety of subjects. Each lesson has video links to watch and activities to go alongside the learning objective. To access the site visit:
Friday's Learning tasks:
1. Start your day with an Active Start, we have made lots of suggestions for you to have a go at and it would be super to continue with Pav’s challenge, as it builds up through the week.
2. Read your book for 20 minutes. Or you could read a book from Bug Club.
3. Complete a maths quiz on diagnostic questions.
4. Maths: This week we are looking at averages. Today we will look at the ‘median’ and the ‘range’. Have a look at the poster in today’s resources section. Check out the link again from yesterday, and if you didn’t answer the questions as you scroll down, please do this today. Then complete the questions on the ‘Lucys Lovely Ladieswear Acvitiy’. The answers are unfortunately at the bottom of the document, so be very good and please only look at these when you mark your work!
5. Further Maths to have a go at! Visit the White Rose website and complete Summer term week 1 (w/c 20 April) lesson 5 – ‘Friday Maths Challenges’. These are fun and different challenges to test you and your family!
6. Complete the word of the day activities - see below.
7. Visit Active learn website and select a maths and/or a SPAG activity to complete.
8. Writing challenge for the week: See document in Resources and Web Links section. It’s the final day of your writing challenge, and today’s the day to send us your completed work. We can’t wait to read them!
9. Science: Today I would like you research how light travels. Look at the PDF document called ‘Science Light’ and watch the below clip (both of these will be in the resources section also). Read the instructions on the PowerPoint to create a human model of how light travels.
10. Remember to build in some quiet time, creative time and outdoor time!
Have a good day!
Mrs Ashby and Miss Barrett
Word of the day
- What is the definition of profound?
- Write a complex sentence using ‘profound’.
- Synonyms – (words that have a similar meaning)
- Antonyms (words that have the opposite meaning)
- Write a funny short story using each of the words from this week: imagine/imagination, jubilant, flail, hypnotism and profound.
You will need a dictionary and a thesaurus for these activities, if you don’t have these use an online dictionary or thesaurus.