Welcome to Oak Class
Welcome to our class page.
It will be a busy Summer term for Oak class. We have lots of fun activities planned and exciting new learning themes.
I wonder if you can guess what our topic theme will be about?
Year 6 will be doing their SATs this half term. Here are some useful tips to help you through the week:
- Make sure you get enough sleep. Sleep is really important as it helps your brain work properly. While you're sleeping, your brain is preparing for the next day.
- Make sure you eat a good breakfast - this helps with concentration and gives you energy.
- Drink lots of water to keep hydrated. Water will help you stay alert and help you concentrate.
- Keep positive and try to stay relaxed - if you start to feel nervous take deep breaths. Mindfulness techniques are really good at helping you to relax.
- Try your best - that is all we ask from you. If you don't know the answer to a question, have a go and don't worry.
- Talk about how you are feeling - your parents and teachers are here to listen to you.
Below is our maths monkey, he has been to lots of interesting places including: the London Aquarium; he watched Norwich City play football; he went on a bike ride; made a lovely cake and he went to Turkey! What a lucky monkey he has been over the autumn term. Lets hope he gets to visit a lot more exciting places to practise his maths.
A pupil from Oak Class made Mumbo a costume and measured all the material they used. Look at the pictures below:
In science we are learning about.......
This term we will be looking at circuits and symbols; how to keep safe around electricity with our electrical safety unit and we will be studying famous scientists to understand more about the topic.
Keep posted for some photos from our investigations!
In the Autumn term, we have learnt about The Tudors! We have researched a lot about Henry VIII and his 6 wives. We have found interesting facts and have even drawn Henry. Look below at some of our amazing drawings: